Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The last 50 days --Part2 !!!!!!

THE LAST 50 DAYS, it kept ringing on my head. I was about to leave the room when my manager asked, “Raghav are you going to inform our team mates?” I replied him with a nod and left the room. My mind was fully occupied by Anu. I had only 50 days left to tell Anu how much I longed for her companionship, how much I loved her. Suddenly I realised 50 days was too much of a time and that I could easily express my love. I prayed god that it should work out fine for me.

The whole evening at home, I read books, saw movies on Love. I even searched youtube to find videos on how to propose to a girl. I didn’t want to waste any time and I wanted to propose to her the next day which was a Friday. People considered Friday as an auspicious day and I was no exception to that at least in Anu’s case.

DAY 1
Everything seemed special to me. I was looking at things in a new perspective. I left so happy that finally I gathered all courage to propose to the girl of my life. Daily, I would board the cab to my office and I would sleep as it’s about a hour and a half journey to the office. But that day, I couldn’t even think of sleeping. I was so damn excited and whenever I crossed temples I prayed for her well being and of course for the success of my love.
Just as I entered office, my friend called me. “What machi? You look so energetic today?” I just smiled at him and went to my cubicle. I didn’t have guts to see if she had come to office in front of everybody. So I checked her status in Office Communicator and she was available. It was 10:30 am and it was the tea break time for Anu. She went past me; she was wearing a red saree and was damn beautiful. She always wore ethnic wear on Friday which made my day even more special.
I immediately got up from my seat, locked my pc and started walking behind her. She passed the team leader’s cabin and manager’s cabin. Just when she was about to open the door, the manager called her inside. She went inside. Not knowing what to do as I was following her, I made a quite obvious detour to my friend Shiva’s cubicle. Shiva asked “Why are you following Anu like a Hutch dog?” I replied “I am planning to propose to her today, now to be precise but before that manager called her. It always happens like this, whenever I plan to talk to her someone intervenes.” Shiva said “It’s ok da machan, you’ll get a chance.” I said in a sad tone, “No da, I have already missed many chances. I don’t want to miss her forever. I am leaving the company in 49 days.”  The countdown had started.
I came back to my cubicle, I was very disappointed. After half an hour she came out of the manager’s cabin and she went passed me. I threw a smile at her but she didn’t even notice me. I was totally upset.
After one hour I received a mail. It was from Anushka Patel i.e. my Anu. I was so excited about it. When I opened the mail, I realised it was for the entire team. All my excitation dropped like a plummet. But the content of the mail was promising enough. It was about a team outing to a theme park in the outskirts of Bangalore named “Wonder La”. The outing was scheduled next weekend. I thought it was the best opportunity to propose to her. I thanked god for the opportunity.
The day ended on a great note. I was about to leave for the day, when one of my colleagues called her. I was cursing him very badly for calling my Anu. She started walking towards his cubicle and my colleague started walking towards her. I felt like a dumb spectator of a love scene when two lovers walk slowly towards each other. Both of them stopped in front of my cubicle. He was talking something about the team outing and for a good ten minutes time I was able to see Anu doing all kind of gestures like smiling, waving her hands, stroking her hair, etc. Everything was damn cute.
Finally I blessed my colleague for giving me the opportunity to see her continuously for ten minutes. I started with Shiva to the bus stand. It was going to be a long weekend without seeing my Anu.

No comments:

Post a Comment